I’m Jon Mullen the Energy Evangelist, and I’ve just been looking at all the grants which you can get for an electric van or car in your business.
Let me give you a quick list:-
- EV Typical mileage costs of 2p/mile (as compared to 14p/mile for petrol/diesel). This could pay your monthly lease costs!
- EV Car grant up to £3000, if the car costs less than £50,000.
- EV Motorbike & Moped grant up to £1,500.
- EV Van grant up to £8,000.
- EV Taxi grant up to £7,500.
- EV Large Vans & Truck grant up to £20,000, limited to 10 per customer.
- EV Vehicle Charger grant up to £350.
- 0% Vehicle Excise Duty (Road Tax) for 2020/21, 1% for 2021/22.
- 0% Van Benefit Charge for 2021/22.
- Congestion Charge exemptions for clean air zones (but remember to register you vehicle before entry!)
Additionally, if you are a director you could use a salary sacrifice scheme, and save 40% off the cost of a new car (You will need to talk to your accountant about this).
I know it makes sense to do your sums if you want a new car, because I’m on my second electric car. If you want to find out more give me a call on 01524 259 200.
I’m Jon Mullen the Energy Evangelist. Find out how to #SaveEnergySaveMoney at EnergyEvangelist.co.uk